Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Enchantment and alchemic

To all of you who have along the way
Pulled stars from the sky
And placed them onto the blue canvas
Of oiled frenzied fragments
That is my heart
Over the years contented/discontented
As in what it is to know
Each other -
Thoughtfully / openly/ through a distance
In ash, fog and things of light
Night / and along the scalloped edge of
The
darkest missing parts
In wind / wideness and wonder
Over the unfolded and closed
What is perhaps or never shall

Enchantment and alchemic
Poised / perilous /
poetry

I take these glittering
Great colors -

The panoramic moons

Dorothy D Mienko



I chose this poem because I feel it is beautifully written and produces powerful imagery that I can create in my book. It is long enough to convey a powerful message without any redundancy.

1 comment:

  1. I wrote a comment and it disappeared or never published- hope this one does

    I am sincerely surprised to see a poem
    written by me inspire such beautiful art worked
    pages and would love to have a copy of the
    paintings you have done

    Thank you! it is lovely- the colors
    and the stars and the whole thing

    best,

    dorothy doyle mienko

    ReplyDelete